Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Where Does Integrity Fall In Our Lives?

People never cease to amaze me.  I learn so much about a person and their character when I observe how they treat others during difficult situations.  I am however, trying to wrap my mind around recent conversations from someone in my circle of friends who was cheating with a married man. 

First of all, do not think for a minute that I want to hear about your sexual romps with a married man without giving you a piece of my mind. My ex-husband cheated on me, I know the heartache it brought and to think there are women and men who find satisfaction in inflicting pain to innocent people disturbs me deeply. 


As a woman who does not search for tainted friendships, I do occasionally find myself in the company of some who do, I want to say, "where is your integrity" when the words coming from their mouth begin describing a tainted affair that I have no interest in?  

I wont hesitate for a minute to tell you how I feel about your infidelity when your're in my circle of friends.  I am not going to find satisfaction or pleasure in your trash can at the expense of another woman's pain.
Call me old-fashioned, but I still believe in man and woman, for better for worst, till death do us part; I just wish the rest of the world did too......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya sis...It happens all the time and it is SAD. There is no respect for the married man (or his wife) when another woman lusts after them. Truthfully, men are the weaker sex. So, therefore, we as women need to be strong and NEVER entice a weaker vessel. They, men, should know better, but they don't...AND fall...Eventually, they may seem happy but aren't, because they realize the mistake, the weakness...And there's always a price to pay.

Love you...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.