Thursday, June 3, 2010

Laughing at myself..............

They say, when you can laugh at yourself the world laughs with you. Today, my co-workers whom I love dearly, were making fun of me because I "zone out" with my head phones as I listen to Maxwell, so when they try to ask me a question, I am in my own world, without a care in the world...so today was no different than yesterday, except for the fact that I found myself wanting to escape into my secret thoughts with my secret friend and escape for a while........don't ask just yet, I want to give this one special attention. So back to my friends, they laugh at me because they know where my mind is and we eventually just laugh together.

This special friend came out of no where, just appeared one day as if sent special delivery. I am learning to trust and it's easy, strange that it was so difficult before...why was trusting so difficult before? Probably because there was no honesty from the get-go. Lesson learned, be honest in the beginning of any relationship, because you are only cheating yourself if you don't. Do not settle for anyone that can not do the same, trust me, you will not change them.

All I can say tonight is it feels so good to laugh again and especially at myself.  The days of mourning are over, life has presented itself on a new canvas and I am ready to begin painting................

2 comments:

Lee said...

I am going to paste this quote to my forehead, "Do not settle for anyone that can not do the same, trust me, you will not change them."

Unknown said...

Lee, can you shout that a little louder? I do not think we get it!

We should never settle for anything in life or anyone without "Trust", that includes trusting ourselves to choose wisely...