Sunday, February 19, 2012

Just Letting Go

As I sat in front of my computer tonight, I tried to remember how far back it as when I stopped blogging...it's been longer than I want to remember. I love writing, but I have also had life events that have taken my time away from some things I love doing.

Since the last time I blogged, I found out I am going to be a grandmother in June. I look at this event as one of those moments in time when you realize the path you were on suddenly comes to a fork in the road and you have to decide which way you are traveling...I carefully made the choice to leave my downtown apartment that I loved so much and step into my daughters life to help her in her new venture of becoming a mother. What a wonderful opportunity I have to be there for my daughter as she begins this wonderful time in her life...Motherhood.

We are moving this weekend into a beautiful home, big enough for the three of us and then some. The house is nestled in the middle of a beautiful neighborhood that has matured trees and quick access to my son and parents, should I need them. Funny, I always need them...

I have learned a lot about this time in my life, nearing 50 this year, I reflect on my life and see so many things that I wish I could go back and change but it's not possible to do, so I think, what can I do to make things different moving forward?

One thing I know for sure is I have to make the most of every day, from the time I awake to the time I finally give into the closing of the sun. I want to focus on areas of my life such as what inspires me to become creative, stopping to look around me long enough to see people and places that cross my path and impact me somehow, those are moments in time that will never repeat themselves, they must be noticed and captured in time in some fashion...perhaps through my art.

That is truly my passion and I look foward to expressing myself more once I move into my new home and allow myelf the time and opportunity to explore my talents and allow myself the permission to just let go...

No comments: